The Holidays Aren’t Over
In fact they’ll be with us all year. I spent all of the holidays making gifts and I’m STILL NOT DONE. Sigh…
But I’ve put a nice limit on myself that is forcing me to finish these up. No more new projects (unless they generate income) until the Holiday 2005 knitting is done. The deadline is the last week of February. And after that’s done with I’ll be starting with Holiday ’06. I’ll try to do one-two gifts per month until October when I hope to be finished with ’06. I’d really like to have a tradition of only one project on the needles on New Year’s Eve.
I haven’t been able to blog because my laptop was out of commission again (for the second time in less than two years of ownership. There seems to be a big issue with Toshiba laptops. I really wish I could be compensated. I’m going to look more into it.
To update on the works in progress since I last posted we have this:
B- Glampyre Knit’s Waist Pack - This one nice and simple. I just have to seam up the sides, make the I-cord and attach the button. It’s a holiday knit for my sister. I also need to make another one of these for my other sister.
C- More Holiday ’05- Fingerless Mitts for my cousin, hat and gloves for my father. I just need to seam these.
D- The white and green balls are cotton. I’m making an oven mitt and 2 matching potholders. This is for Holiday ’06 so I’ll be tackling this after the deadline.
E- Fabi’s Poncho. Her birthday is in February so we have the same end of Feb. deadline. This was supposed to be her Holiday ’05 gift but I was having issues with the collar and decided to give her a black waist pack instead. (… that needs to be seamed and buttoned as well.)
- Wheat Leaf Soaker Shorts – some crotch issues but almost finished.
- Fabi’s poncho- I need to figure out the collar and do the edging
- Raspberry Baby Blanket- I haven’t touched this in a while. Some progress was made but I won’t be updating again until it’s finished. I need to get on this before the baby outgrows it.
- Primary Plus Soaker #2- This was completed in October. It was auctioned and the proceeds went to Habitat for Humanity in order to help with their Katrina Relief efforts.
- Mami's Shawl- I haven’t even started this. This may be bumped to Holiday ’06.
I have 6 other unfinished objects, two of them need to be completed by the deadline. The others have a deadline of December 31st, 2005. Some of these are over two years old. We’ll leave that for later.
© copyright 2006 www.joven-kids.com The Holidays Aren't Over